19 May 2010

Rusty Moose





So the past two days have been smooth.  I was asked if I was an alien or a vampire because of the color of my eyes.  Our Walmart trip was interesting...ha this is a VERY small town.  I think it makes Mississippi look good.  We had dinner our frist night at the Rusty Moose! hahaha.  I got to watch a horticulture therapy group.  The patients come down and water plants for money that goes into their account so that they can buy candy or "smokes".  Another work group allows them to do "piece work" where they can put together coffee packets, shred paper, or fold towels for money.  I have learned how to play seven new card games since I have been here.  I spent 3 hours on the ward yesterday.  We are to observe what goes on and write a report.  I just sat and talked to the patients, and they taught me how to play card games!  Many of the people admitted to the hospital have come from severe drug use and their mind is just gone. "Say no to Drugs!". After the next two weeks, I am going to be set free and will develop into having the schedule of an entry-level OT!  Exciting! This weekend we are thinking about taking a day trip to Cour de alene which is about 45 minutes away.  Friday night dinner at Zola and then off to see Letters to Juliet!  I miss everyone at home very much!  I love you all!  I guess I may not get to update again until next Monday because the library does not open again until then!
This is the rain coming in over the valley! beautiful!


How many deer can you spy? This is my breakfast company.

More deer


1 comment:

  1. miss you so much... i was trying to get you and joseph to hang out soon until he reminded me that yall were going to be gone all summer. love the blog. glad you are keeping one up. Meggie says hello! much love - Richard

    ReplyDelete