10 May 2010

Mothers

So this is the week following up to Mother's day...


Here is one of my favorite pictures of my sister and I with my mom.

       I am so thankful for my mom and ALL that she has done.  She was married at 18 and then had me when she was only 20.  I cannot imagine that now; I would have a four year old!  She was young enough to play with me and close enough to be my friend, but never failed to be my parent.  She had my sister seven years later, and she was strong enough to raise another little boy, 21 years after I was born.  She has loved me through every stage of my life including the emotional teenage years. She fixed us dinner every night, even though then I only wanted to go out to eat and did not appreciate her cooking or her effort.  She has worked from 8:00-5:00 everyday since she was 20, while raising children and taking care of our family.  She supported me in decisions I made, even though they might not be the best choices.  She let me learn for myself.  She was always proud of my good grades, which made me want to achieve even more.  She helped me get through college financially and even after I am married.  She was at every football game when I was a cheerleader at State, and she dealt with highschool cheerleading and competitive cheerleading just so I could go as far as I did in college cheerleading.  She overcame her parents' divorce to have a happy marriage for herself.  When my dad hunted all of the time when I was little, she was the single parent.  She was my wedding planner in my wedding, and stayed up LATE hours with me and carried the stress with me.  My mom.  She allowed me to help pick our family church when I was just in middle school, just so I would like the church we went to.  I know she prayed for all of her children while we were growing up, so that we turned out to be godly people.  She has influenced me in so many ways that I now see coming out.  Since I have been married to Joseph, I find myself trying to cook like her and use her recipes.  When I get mad, I find myself acting just like she does!  I stand up for myself when there is conflict.  I cry like her at LITTLE things.  I try to plan out trips just like she did, even though joseph is used to just relaxing on vacation.  I love all of these little quirks! I can only hope to be as strong as her!  I love you momma!



Now, not only do I have one wonderful mother, but in the past year, I have gained two more wonderful mothers!  I am so thankful for the way they have molded Joseph to get where he is today!  He is such a gentleman and very kind to everyone.  He is a leader among everyone around him.  He was shown love growing up because of all of the support he had.  There was ALWAYS someone cheering him on no matter what he was doing!  Because of that, he is going to be a great father.  He is a strong Christian and has not strayed off the path too many times, and I know this all comes from the love and support of Mrs Corinne and Mrs Pam.  He had also sworn off girls right before he met me, good thing he got encouragement in that area!  Thank you for all that you have done!  I am honored to have gained two more beautiful women that I can call my family!



These are some quotes about moms that stood out to me!

"The mother, more than any other, affects the moral and spiritual part of the children's character. She is their constant companion and teacher in formative years. The child is ever imitating and assimilating the mother's nature. It is only in after life that men gaze backward and behold how a mother's hand and heart of love molded their young lives and shaped their destiny."
                                                                                     ~E.W. Caswell


"To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power."
~ Maya Angelou


No comments:

Post a Comment