16 May 2010

Arriving in Spokane!

So the trip went smoothly.  We had no hiccups in the travels except that I lost my gray sweater, which Joseph found.. and my bag was 15 pounds over the weight limit!  Haha here are some awesome pictures I have taken along the way!

Mountain ranges.. and then they just stop and there is a city at their base
Snow patches
Mt Hood
The land is in patches for some reason
Mount St Helen with Mt Ranier in the background
                                                         The front view of our house.  When we got there, they gave erica and I each a room key and a house key.  The room keys only opened one room, the other room key did not work.  I spent the first night of our visit on the floor in this house!  It is facing the forensics unit.. lovely.
The back view of our house
My bedroom with views out over the lake.  At night you sleep to the sound of bugs and crickets outside your window.  There is no air conditioner or internet... we discovered that we have fuzzy ABC and a VHS player! Our Monday and Wednesday nights will be spent at the public library using the internet.  They are only open 2 nights a week!  This is what they mean when they say small town USA.
My bedroom desk

                                                                    Our living room

Kitchen


The view from the back porch... It has the most beautiful morning sunrises.  I am amazed at the beauty God created!  I will definitely be taking some sunrise pictures.  I am still on MS time so I go to bed early here and wake up early!


Some more views from the house. That is the hospital in the upper right corner
The mule deer are EVERYWHERE.. they eat breakfast with us haha
On our way into Spokane, the metro area.  The mountains make for a beautiful backdrop!


 
The waterfalls at Riverfront Park! the pictures definitely do not do them justice.. people get killed here alot because of the power of the rapids!


The water fountain that all the kids play in at the beautiful park! the fountain goes as high as the ring on top!

The great Spokane clock tower

The tourist picture

The ginormous radio flyer wagon!

Of course I had to get my picture made on it!
Wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. kristen this is such a cute blog!! How did you end up in Washington? My cousin lives in Seattle!! She LOVES it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss you already!! the pictures are making me super jealous. that place is gorgeous. i know yall will have a blast!im totally exhausted after my first day of work as well!! keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete