28 February 2011

Spring has Sprung!

Lately, I have been doing some spring cleaning and budget improvements on our little apartment! The warm weather has inspired me! Here are a few projects I have been working on:



This is a table I have had for years!  My mom gave this to me because she didn't have a place for it.  I didn't really like the awkward shape, but I kept it.  I have had it in my guest bedroom since we moved into this apartment.  She has been telling me that I needed to paint it!  I finally got the urge to paint it and here are a few before and afters!  I LOVE it!


Before:


 After I unscrewed all of the pieces of the table, I began painting with a creamy white.

 Then I sanded away and distressed until I got to a spot that I liked!
 After:
 


And it's finally in its home!

 We planted geraniums in a little window box off our balcony!

 They are about to bloom!

 I recovered the bench for my dresser!  I wish I would have taken a picture of the ratty before fabric



 Burlap Table Runner!  I was inspired my another blog! I got to really use my sewing machine!  I am so excited about the final product!




 I catered a wedding on Saturday night and they didn't want to take all their flower arrangements, so I got some beautiful hydrangeas out of the deal!

 We were in need of something to go over our TV, so we found a piece of painted tin.  I LOVE it!

Here is a close up of the detail!


 Here is part of a proverb I am memorizing thanks to my wonderful mentor!

 And lastly, I made some homemade tea cookies on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. All of your projects look great!!! Hope fieldwork is going well!

    ReplyDelete