20 June 2010

Happy Father's Day

    Happy Father's Day to my wonderful daddy who i miss so much!  He is the strong, silent type... as anyone who knows him would agree.  He is a strong man of God with a kind heart.  He serves as a policeman and chooses to protect our family and community at the chance that he might lose his life in the process.  He is brave.  He is a man of character, not only in our family but in his job.  He is the sargeant of K-9 officers and he holds his position with integrity and character.  This makes me so proud to be his daughter.  He helped my mom raise my sister and I both, and now he is helping raise my little brother.  He is a sucker when it comes to my little brother.  He met my mom when he was 17 and married her when he was only 19.  They have been through a lot together and still love each other dearly.  He did not graduate from highschool because "school wasn't his thing".  He worked hard when I was a baby doing any job that he could find.  He began working as a policeman when I was just a little girl.  He has worked his way up the ladder to provide for his family.  He has now been given the opportunity to be certified in training police dogs.  He is spending the summer in Hattiesburg, only home on the weekends to receive this special training.  I am so proud of him!  I am 24 years old, and have never seen my mom or my dad drink once.  They have instilled great values in my life that I can't wait to share with my own children.

Here's to you daddy.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment