02 January 2010

whiplash

When we got home, our first night back from the honeymoon, and the first night back in our new home...We were upstairs and joseph thought he would be romantic and carry me down the stairs.  Joseph sweeps me up in his arms and begins down the stairs.  Our stairs are very slippery...  I say, "Don't falllll" and as I was getting the L sound out, he slips and hits the stairs.  Trying to keep me from getting hurt he lifts me up and tries to throw me up the stairs.  I landed really hard on my back.  At the time, that was the only thing that hurt.  We laughed until we cried.  I proceeded to walk safely down the stairs and pick up the camcorder to videotape the mess our house was in.  Not five minutes later, i started getting shooting pains up my neck.  I couldn't turn my head.  I put a hot pack on my neck and laid in bed for hours.  I couldn't lift my head off the bed! it was the worst pain I had ever felt.  We thought I was going to have to go to the emergency room.  We found out what it was: whiplash!  Needless to say Joseph felt awful! and we had a very memorable night in our new home together!  Not many people can tell that story!

No comments:

Post a Comment